Douglas A. Wright is Holland Knight’s Operations and Finance Partner. In this role, he has primary responsibility for directing the firm’s operations, including its Accounting and Finance, IT, Real Estate and Facilities, Marketing, and Human Resources functions.
Mr. Wright’s experience includes corporate and tax planning, and business and tax litigation. His transactional practice has focused on mergers and acquisitions in a variety of industries. He also has extensive experience in the formation and structure of all types of business entities, including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
His litigation experience includes administrative tax appeals and litigation involving federal income taxes, federal estate and gift taxes, and taxes imposed by Florida state and local governmental units. He has tried cases in the United States Tax Court and the federal and state trial courts in Florida. Mr. Wright has also litigated actions involving shareholder derivative disputes, buy-sell agreements, franchises, partnerships, and trusts.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Corporate Law; Litigation and Controversy - Tax; Tax Law, 2005-2015
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2014
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, Former Chair of Corporate and Public Utilities Committees
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law, Former Chair of the Tax Litigation and Controversy Committee
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- University of Florida College of Law, Former Member Board of Trustees